Gif4J Products FAQ > Basics & Troubleshooting
What is the Gif4J LIGHT?
The light edition of the Gif4J Java GIF imaging library is the fast, easy-to-use and royalty-free java-based GIF encoder with the embedded java color quantizer to save images as animated and non-animated GIFs.
The footprint is just over 20K and it is compatible with Java 1.1 and later.
Base Gif4J LIGHT features include:
- control all GIF animation aspects;
- generate non-animated and animated (by combining several images) GIF files;
- Gif4J LIGHT contains an embedded color quantizer;
- add GIF image textual comments;
- simplicity of use;
- Gif4J LIGHT is profiled to the extreme speed;
- absolute and relative internal gif frame positioning;
- resize strategies;
- "Force global color table" feature;